Start Here


Midwifery is a regulated profession in Canada. Each Canadian province and territory has its own regulator and registration requirements.

The College of Midwives of Manitoba (CMM) is the Manitoba regulator.

To legally practise midwifery in Manitoba, you must register with CMM.

There are several steps you must complete to become registered. If you are an internationally educated midwife (IEM) you must complete an approved assessment and gap training process. In Manitoba this process is called the Manitoba IEM Assessment and Gap Training Process. This website will take you step-by-step through the registration process.

To listen to an audio presentation of this site click here.